Wednesday, July 31, 2013

You Count Fish

A reminder from where this "being thankful" thing all began--aholyexperiece.com...and an article I've read before too.  Ann...sometimes I love your stuff. Sometimes not so much :o), but this one IS really good--highly recommended: How to Live Through Anything:  The Fish Principle.

You pull in your life and you see that though you felt ripped open —- the net actually didn’t tear."


I feel ripped open, but I have survived...so now, I count the fish.
  1. Willing and able teaching partners last week.
  2. Presenters with FAR more experience and Far better activities than I could have pulled off.
  3. Vulnerability, that made the way for vulnerability.
  4. Awareness--that course IS now transferable.
  5. Students' growth:
  6. -->courage to speak in front of others
  7. -->words on a page--the pain of 'no man's affirmation in my life' (after dad died)
  8. -->acknowledging struggle
  9. a place to rest
  10. air conditioning
  11. quiet
  12. novels
  13. tears
  14. tissue
  15. Promises:
  16. -->broken but not crushed
  17. -->this too shall pass
  18. -->Pursued by His goodness and unfailing love
  19. -->He renews my strength
  20. -->He restores my soul
  21. -->I will never leave you, nor forsake you, will walk close beside you
  22. Always enough:
  23. -->Money
  24. -->energy
  25. -->staff
  26. -->ideas
  27. -->grace
  28. Long-term colleagues
  29. So much learned in the struggle
  30. Those so patient with me
  31. Trust from so many--their stories and deep pain shared
  32. Those that didn't kill themselves
  33. Some that have taken to heart, and applied to their lives
  34. Storms that strengthened
  35. Sun through the clouds, rays right now shining on the bars of my 'cage'
  36. Rays breaking through, demanding more and more space
  37. Hope, always hope
  38. You--my Refuge and Strength
  39. Others to think of and comfort, rather than just think of my own pain
  40. Others ahead...giving hope for the journey, calling back over hard paths
  41. Friends that share the journey:
  42. -->M.A.
  43. -->A&L
  44. -->G.Z.
  45. -->L.C.
  46. -->M&D
  47. 17 years, when I didn't know if I could do 1
  48. visas, every year
  49. a beautiful language
  50. a life shaped
  51. people I wish I'd never met--I would never have learned lessons otherwise
  52. many people I'm thankful to have met
  53. books
  54. students
  55. insight
  56. a heart that feels
  57. eyes that can weep
  58. grief groups
  59. team
  60. learning my gifts, strengths
  61. if and when I go, still with You
  62. protection, again and again, from:
  63. -->the snake
  64. -->the centipede
  65. -->the fall--head & back hit...
  66. -->the guy by the river
  67. -->on buses
  68. -->those who would say 'no'
  69. -->fear
  70. -->lonliness
  71. -->routine :o)
  72. Shower Meditation breaking through last Friday
  73. story of an orphan given a home, prayers for fatherless and motherless to know Father
  74. family
  75. technology--inspiration
...and that's all I can think of for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment